Friday, September 17, 2010

Long time no post...

Hi Everyone,

I know it's been quite some time since I posted. It's been a bit busy the past few months. Kristjan left in early July for deployment, which has been really tough for us. We're fortunate enough though that he can come home much earlier than the ship will. I'm not sure what I can say because of security reasons, but we did find out his exact date of return today! It will be sometime in mid-October. We are so excited to be reunited again. We had been married not even 6 weeks when he had to leave. So to celebrate, we're hoping to take a trip to Hawaii when he comes back! I've never been to Hawaii, but have always wanted to go. To be honest, it really wouldn't even matter where we went when he comes home, we could just stay at the apartment and I would be thrilled. You really have no idea how much you take a loved one for granted until you're separated from them. Who knew that receiving an email could be the most treasured moment of the day.

Anyway, please keep us in your prayers. This last month will probably be the most difficult for us. I've been blessed enough to have my best friend with me for the summer, and then my sister came for several weeks after that. So I've had plenty of distraction to help ease the pain of separation. But this last month I won't really have distractions, which makes it much harder to think of anything but the fact that I'm separated from my husband. My family is wonderful though, and has been a huge part of getting me through this. But even more important than any of that, we especially need your prayers for Kristjan! His final board (test) is at the end of September, and this is the thing that can keep him from coming home! He HAS to pass in order to come back. It's a really difficult board and he's been studying every spare second he's had for a whole month already. And he still has a few weeks to go. He's trying to trust God with it, and we all know how difficult it can be to really trust God with something so big, despite how many times in the past He's taken care of us. So Kristjan's doing his best to keep it in God's hands, but also study as much as he can too. So please pray for him to pass his board, and in the meantime to trust God with this so that he won't have all gray hair when he comes home :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh to be so young and in love! When every second away from one another is an eternity! I remember how that felt, and my new husband only left for work each day and returned each night! Just imagine how sweet his return will be! I will keep you both in my prayers, especially for his test!Love you girl, hope to see you soon!

    ReplyDelete